November 28, 2010

Why Chandramukhi?

Chandramukhi means in Hindi "as beautiful as the moon".  I've always been a moon-lover and admirer since my childhood. (I even wanted my mother to call my younger sister "Laila" which means moon in arabic. Yes, I'm already babbling about my uninteresting life). I think the moon is one of the most beautiful things God has created, it already happened to me to admire it for hours...

But why in Hindi? First, this is the name of (probably) my favourite fictionnal character ever from Bengali author Sarat Chandra Chatterjee's Devdas. This character is a courtesan, whose story has touched my heart. Actually, before reading the book, I had actually fallen on the Indian movie "Devdas" released in 2002 and directed by a genius: Sanjay Leela Bhansali. And it has become my favourite movie, my "inner-soul" story which touched my mind, my heart and my soul and which will be part of me forever. And Chandramukhi became instantly my favourite character: she was strong, loving and selfless. She's the epitome of generosity, of humanity and of Love because she kept giving her love and did not expect anything in return and that is the most beautiful thing any human-being can show.

Madhuri Dixit as Chandramukhi in Devdas. Ain't she stunning?

Secondly, I'm the biggest Hindi-cinema fanatic you could ever met. :D It started in 2009 with Devdas, and then it has become a whole passion, my biggest passion actually. And after my love for Bollywood, a love for whole India happened. I think this is a beautiful country, very fascinating and so interesting. I'm actually planning to learn Hindi, and (surely) go to India someday (very soon I hope). So you will definitely see my craze for Hindi cinema all over this blog. And I apologize in advance for this. :)

Now you know the reason behind this choice of "Chandramukhi".

No comments:

Post a Comment